[IPn] getting close

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to thank all of you that have made contributions to the Fall
pledge drive. In particular, a big thank you to our British member
that contributed anonymously via the CAF -- I don't know who you are
so I could not write a private note.

This is day 9 of the pledge drive and we are closing in on the $1000
mark but are not there yet and have a way to go to reach the $6000
needed for this quarter's expenses. This is serious stuff, the rent
alone is over $1000 and we have to pay 3 x a quarter --- yep, 12x a
year..... and that's just one component of the monthly operating
costs.  I've been reading in our local paper lately about how local
charities are having a difficult time raising funds since the Sept.
11 attack. I did not think it would affect Insulin Pumpers since we
have such a large diverse constituancy but it appears that it has.
We're off to a slow start, but I'm sure that the pace will pick up.

I have waiting in the wings a dollar for dollar challenge from
Colorado. This is another chance to double the value of your
contribution to Insulin Pumpers. Just contribute any amount up to
$100 and Colorado will match your pledge dollar for dollar.

For those of you who have been on the fence about a new meter, there
are still a few Precision Xtra's left waiting for anyone that makes a
continuing pledge of $10 / month or more. Abbott labs sent a box of
strips to go with each meter as well. For more info on the meter, see
Abbott's web page at:

If you need a new meter, or would just like to help support Insulin
Pumpers, please consider a continuing gift or a donation today by
visiting the Insulin Pumpers web site at:

For Challenges, use the Insulin Pumpers challenge gift page at:

OR, mail your check to:

Insulin Pumpers
4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206
Los Altos, CA 94022