RE: [IPk] Gluten free foods

Hi Jackie

Sorry to hear things are so difficult at the moment.  I just
wondered if you had thought of giving Sasha's insulin after
she had eaten.  This is not a good idea for Actrapid but it
is fine for Humalog.  I use to do this when on a Novopen, if
I didn't know how much I would want to eat (too many times I
have been full-up after the starter and had to force myself
to keep eating).  It is a great advantage of the pump that
you do not have to snack or even eat a meal if you don't want
to.  I have just returned from a lunch break hitting a few
golf balls at the driving range.  I am not hungry and so I
will skip lunch.  I can always get some fruit (OK chocolate -
but it is Friday!) later if I want.

A complicated diet and a child who does not want to eat when
she needs to eat may be easier with a pump.  I guess though,
if she is a little under-weight the emphasis is more on
getting her to eat rather than enabling her not too?

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422