[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IPk] Its just got worse!!!!

Hi Dave,

As from April 2002 Health Authorities will cease to exist, they will be
replaced by Primary Care Trusts, in many areas these PCT's are already
operating. Our advice is to approach your Primary Care Trust via a letter to
the Chief Executive or Commissioning Officer, your GP should have the
details and in many cases will make the application for you. You will need
the backing of your consultant when making your application. Should you have
any difficulties please contact us, we can provide substantial evidence to
support your case.

If you do not get a positive response from your Health Authority, PCT or PCG
it may help to write to your MP stating the problems you are having. They
will take the matter up with the Chief Executive or Consultant in Public
Health on your behalf. Lobbying of your MP will prioritise the case of
insulin pump therapy with the Health Authority. When raised by the MP, your
individual case will become more urgent as a result.

Another route, as has already been suggested, is to get your GP to refer you
to a hospital and consultant that will provide pump support and help in your
submission for funding, although he/she may not be able to supply funding

If you would like further details, please phone me on 01590 677911. I would
phone you but the number I have for you is not being recognised.


John Davis,
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml