Re: [IPk] Gluten free foods

Hi Julette

Congratulations on your forth coming marriage.  Wow Australia , how nice.

Anyway thank you for your suggestions.  I have already joined Coeliac UK
(The coeliac society).  Their information is very helpfully but I am still
left with questions.  The dietician at the hospital has sent a fax with some
items on to our GP but I guess it will be a few days before everything is
sorted.

She was saying the Sasha would need only one loaf a week but we need more
than that as she has packed lunch everyday and has bread for breakfast with
her cereal and sometimes some with the evening meal.

My GP is very good and has never questioned the large amount of strips we
use.  Well I think we use a lot compared to some on another list.  If he
leaves will be in dead trouble.  Anyway I may have to go in to see him about
this bread.  I seem to be forever at hospitals or clinics at the moment:-(

Thanks for your help.  I need to get this sorted out as soon as possible now
as Sasha is having an increasing amount of hypos due to the food absorption
being delayed.

I am still cross that my D nurse didn't pick the condition up earlier as I
had told her repeatedly since march that she was having these problems.  She
just kept changing the insulin which didn't work obviously.  You would have
thought that coeliac would have sprung to mind as she had other symptoms
too.  Sasha's identical twin Beckie is a waiting a biopsy too now;-(

Jackie