RE: [IPk] Its just got worse!!!!

Have you thought about changing hospitals?  You don't have to
go to your local hospital.  I live in Berkshire, close to
Windsor, but I go to Guys in London (at my request and my GP
agreed).  My GP's surgery has its own weekly diabetic clinic
but I prefer to go to Guys and get my eyes checked, Hba1c etc
all in the one visit.  As I started on the pump 5 months ago,
I go every 3 months at the moment but that will drop back to
every 6 months after a couple more visits.  When I was
pregnant, I asked to be seen at the Royal Berks in Reading
(which is close to where I work) and again that was arranged.
I am the only diabetic at my GP's surgery who is seen at Guys
and the only one who had her children (by intention at least)
at the Royal Berks.

Put your foot down with your GP and asked to be referred to
another London hospital as a matter of urgency.  As far as
the funding goes, I am still trying to sort out that out with
my local Primary Care Group.  It will take a while (4 months
so far!).  Have you contacted John Davis at Input?  He can
help you plan who to contact and has samples of letters that
have worked.

By the way with reference to the correspondance the other day
about becoming beligerent when hypo - my husband said that
with me it would be difficult to spot the difference!

Best of luck.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader