RE: [IPk] Gluten free foods

Hi Jackie.
I am a dietitian who works in Bournemouth. Gluten free foods range in price
according to the product and where you get them (eg: health food
shop-supermarket-pharmacy). The coeliac society is a great contact (also
have a website) and print a book of gluten free supermarket foods which in
my view is essential.  Plus the manufacturing companies often have free
product trials you can send away for products (ask your dietitian for
samples or cards to send away).
The carbohydrate content can vary (again according to the product - whether
you slice the bread yourself or whether you get it pre-cut, etc.). If you
get stuck let  me know - I have a few values here.
Additionally, how much you get depends on how generous your GP budget is.
There are gluten free products like pizza bases for example - but some GPs
only offer to supply bread or biscuits. Some GPs I have heard only offer one
loaf of bread per month!! Which is ridiculous. Speak to your GP and ask
him/her what they see what they are willing to supply on prescription - the
dietitian should be able to give you/him-her a guide to how much gluten free
foods should be required to satisfy your daughter's nutritional
requirements.
If you have any trouble, please get back in contact.
email @ redacted
I am away the month of december (getting married back in Australia) but will
endeavour to write before I leave - when I get back. Jules :)