[IPk] Gluten free foods

HI all

I have been told that there is someone on this list who has coeliac.  I
wonder if they can help me.  My daughter 7= has just been DX with coeliac
condition and I am wondering about the carb count compared to normal bread.
I believe its slightly higher?  Also can anyone explain how you work our how
much to order on prescription.  The dietician said that she would fax the
doctor and they would sort it out.  They gave me a prescription for the
wrong insulin today so I have my doubts.  Anyway does anyone know how much
at one time you can order?  Sasha is not on the pump and still needs several
snacks like biscuits a day.  She also needs to keep some at school etc.  Do
you just ring up and order another prescription when you need it.  How do
you get other items added?   Any other tips would be welcome.  I live in the
UK.  Just cooking my first gluten free bread but had to buy the mix as I
couldn't wait for the surgery to sort it out.  Its so expensive!!!

Kind Regards

Jackie Jacombs