RE: [IPk] Airport Security -

>Do I contact the airline beforehand to get their policy on
travelling with insulin and a pump or contact Manchester airport for
information?  I want everything to go as smoothly as possible for him.

No harm doing both, Alison. I wonder if it's a good idea to do what Pat
did - remove the pump before going through security and put it in the hand
luggage, so they can see it in the x-ray machine and examine it without
requiring your son to disrobe, or go to a special room, or do things that
upset and frighten lots of people, regardless of age. I don't fancy being
strip searched, and I imagine your son wouldn't either!

Actually, the last time I was through Manchester my pump set off the
machine, so I would recommend taking it off, putting it through the x-ray in
a bag, and then reconnecting on the other side.