Re: [IPk] Dealing with airport security

Hi Melissa -

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin in the WTC.

I fly often within Europe, and I've never had any aggravation regarding my
pump. If the pump is spotted (as it is more often an Heathrow and Frankfurt
than at Manchester, Bristol or Basel) I say it's an insulin pump and I'm
waved on through.

I also use disconnectable infusion sets, so if they want to take the pump
away for 5 minutes to check it over (which they've never done, but I've not
flown in the last 2 months) that's easily done and I won't die :-)

And I have only once had to boot up my laptop to prove it's not stuffed
with drugs or explosives. And once I was called over the tanoy to open my
suitcase - it was the cheddar cheese that was showing upon on their
scanner! Don't forget that Britain has lived with the threat of IRA terror
for the last 30 years, so maybe we're all used to fairly rigorous airport

mailto:email @ redacted