Re: [IPk] driving

Some people  become quite belligerent when they are hypo- I can remember my
poor mother trying to haul my breother from his bicycle as he insisted on
riding to school in a hypoglycaemic state! His strength was unbelievable
luckily we had a helpful burly neighbour who would persuade him off his bike
if my father wasn't around.You couldn't tell him he was hypo and the dangers
he might cause to himself or anyone else because you could not reason with
him in that state -it would have been no different if it had been a car.
Some people unfortunately do not take responsibility for their own actions
.Who is to say that you would only kill yourself you could swerve imto the
path of an oncoming car or heaven forbid knock down a child so if you drive
you HAVE to take on the extra responsibility.A very dear friend of mine
lives with this terror every time her husband takes the car out , the man
himself is so terrified of developing complications that he is often hypo
but he is a sensible man in every other part of his life but wont listen the
arguments go on.-there must be numerous other people who never test and do
not see themselves as a danger so I am glad there are some restrictions not
that I agree with all of them but at least we are allowed to drive after a
hypo people with epilepsy cannot until they have been fit free for more than
a certain time  Carmel