[IPn] Off to a good start

The Fall pledge drive is off to a good start. This mornings mail
brought contribution totaling $130.00, an excellent beginning but
there is still a long way to go to reach our goal of $6000 for the

Who should donate??
If you are financially able, subscribe to the mail list, and feel it
contributes to your well being, the management of your diabetes or
helps you solve problems that come up, then you should contribute to
the support of the forum. There are about 3550 members now
and a small annual contribution from each would easily provide our
funding needs. Unfortunately, not everyone contributes so the few who
do support the many who do not.

Why should you contribute??
Insulin Pumpers is a non-profit organization that "gives away" its
services. The services still must be paid for. Simple things like
rent, utilities and so on.... People with diabetes are at times
isolated from the rest of society either by happenstance or simply
because they are different. This can make a person feel lonely and
depressed. Forums like Insulin Pumpers provide a 'home' and sense of
community where everyone shares similar concerns and can find a friend
or a helping hand any time 24 hours a day. This is a valuable resource
that deserves your support so that all may benefit.

Who supports the forum now??
The majority of funding come from the forum members. Aside from the
pump companies, each of whom has contributed generously, only the
forum members help support Insulin Pumpers. I've tried raising money
from industry with poor results. In our most recent attempt, the top
300 Silicon Valley technology companies, the top law firms serving
Silicon Valley and all the venture capital companies -- you know, the
guys rolling in dough!!! were contacted -- about 600 all together. The
results were 16 sorry letters and $15.00 in postage due. Bottom
line... It's up to us collectively to support our forum. Less than
$7.00 from each member every year would do the job. Since everyone
 does not contribute, please give what you can.

How to contribute.
You can make a one time donation to help with this funding drive. You
can give a continuing donation for a year by making a monthly pledge
of $10 or $20 per month. This type of gift is very helpful because it
provides a predictable steady income that we can count on. Or...., you
can go big time and place a challenge of $100 or more to the list
membership which they must match with their individual donations. This
is one of our most valuable sources of income. Challenging the
membership to match your contribution has always brought a double or
triple whammy for the Insulin Pumpers forum.

To see the progress of this funding drive, visit the Thank You page of
the web site and view the chart at the bottom.

Where to Contribute.

To make a contribution or continuing gift to Insulin Pumpers visit the
Insulin Pumpers donation page at:

If you would like to Challenge the forum to match your gift, use the
Insulin Pumpers challenge gift page at:

Insulin Pumpers
4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206
Los Altos, CA 94022