[IPk] exercise

Fitness was mentioned as one factor which may determine BG response to
exercise. I find now that I need less CHO before swimming than during my
first few months on the pump, and I have been trying to swim more often. In
fact if I swim first thing ,am. I can disconnect and not eat at all and BG
tends to rise by about 1 mmol . I don't know whether any one else has
experienced this as they become more accustomed to exercise. The other
possible cause may be that my basal insulin is higher in the morning so a
disconnection may have more effect, but surely this shouldn't make a great
deal of difference as I disconnect for an hour at most. I don't tend to
exercise in the evening (too tired) when basals are higher again