RE: [IPk] Glycaemic index ( previously Desert Foods)

>Low GI choices tend to be more refined &
associated with higher fat intakes, lower fruit consumption. Of course there
are exceptions however...

Can someone please define for me what they mean by low and high! I always
assumed that channa dal at 22 was a low glycaemic index, while some white
rices at 70 (or so) were high glycaemic index. All the posts I've just read
seem to look at it the other way around. Barely (22 or 30 gi) is a lot less
refined that white sliced pan, which would be in the 70s or so.