RE: [IPk] Glycaemic index ( previously Desert Foods)

Could we clarify this terminology? I thought high GI = fast absorbtion, low
GI = slow absorbtion. Have I misunderstood it?

Ken - if you've found a good balance between food absorbtion rates and your
insulin action, that is excellent. For me, if I were eating carbs that took
6 hours to absorb, I would need multiple delayed boluses, or a squareware
bolus, or a temporary basal rate. We are all different.

For now, since I cut wheat from my diet, I am enjoying Crunchy Nut
Cornflakes or Coco Pops for breakfast, and getting a very steady
mid-morning bg...

mailto:email @ redacted