RE: [IPk] Glycaemic index ( previously Desert Foods)

The authors of the GI would encourage people to have about 50% low & 50%
high GI foods, the main thought was to include at least some low GI choices
during the day - not every item in someone's diet. The main thing about low
GI choices is they are 'in general' seem to have benefits exceeding the
carbohydrate content anyway. EG: Low GI choices tend to be more refined &
associated with higher fat intakes, lower fruit consumption. Of course there
are exceptions however...
I am glad that you've managed to work out what is best for you... Jules :)
Julette Kentish
Dietitian Bournemouth