[IPk] Hi John.

Hi John

You are right. The medical system  in this country is different. To me it
seems even a bit bizare. I remember when I went to a doctor in Britain he
prescribed everything I wanted. The problem was, that most of the stuff
wasn't covered by the NHS. So in my case I wanted to have blood sicks
(Blutstaebchen) for my Accutrend sensor, but I was told that I'd have to pay
for them.
There were obviously some for free. I asked to show these to me. I tell you,
these were really ancient! I think the blood meter was called Reflolux 2 or
something. The only advantage of these blood sticks was that you didn't
actually need the meter. So you could just compare colours. By the way, did
you study medicine(in Freiburg). I was thinking about it but the situation
for doctors concerning wages is pretty bad in Germany right now. An average
doctor in a German hospital gets payed as much as a normal bank clerk. The
difference is the time of studying. A bank clerk does his three years of
ship and a doctor has to study at least six years. It's probably all a
question of utility. But for me it be too much effort for too little return.
What I hate about Britain and especially London is the terrible constant not
even good weather. In Bavaria the weather isn't like the one in Spain but at
least in the Winter it is decently cold but sunny and in the Summer it is
acceptable warm. In Britain it is either warm and it rains or it is cloudy
and cold or it is cold and it rains. Despite this I'm still staying here
over Christmas as a friend who also got diabetes is visiting me. Anyway till
very soon.