[IPk] Re: Medic Alert, emergency medical contact

I am living and working in the UK for the next two years
Home is California, and there I subscribe to a USA nationwide
service called Medic Alert.  I register all my vital medical and doctor's
and emergency information(diabetes, uses insulin pump, etc.) with them
and the pendant I wear on a necklace has my identification number
and MedicAlert phone number.  Virtually all paramedics, nurses, and police,
are  trained to look for a medical bracelet of pendant in case of an

Is there a service like this in the UK.?  IF so, I would like to join it,
and if there are more than one, comments on which seems to
be the best?

thanks very much

Bob Weitzman,