[IPk] RE: Carbohydrates...

>I have noticed that if I eat a high fat and carb meal (ie carbonara sauce
with pasta) I will get high readings after, but I always associated that
with the fact the fat slows down absorption of the carbs, but maybe it is
the protein in the cheesy sauce?

It could be both, Ingrid!  I think the best thing to do is to make a note
of what happens in situations like this, and then decide, based on the
data, how to match your insulin to it. Such a shame, because that means
you'll have to eat a lot of carbonara so you can develop enough data to
solve the puzzle!  But will you have a glass of wine with it?