Re: [IPk] re: Carbohydrates: Good or bad?

>Can you please explain why you would cover protein with insulin?
>(Sorry if this is an obvious question!)

Not at all!

It's a case of doing whatever works for you, and whatever gives you the
results you want.

I won't go into the detailed metabolism - you'll need a medical textbook
for that - but some people find that protein gets converted into glucose
some hours after it is eaten (is it the liver that does the conversion?).
You then target this with extra insulin. When you need the insulin and how
much you need varies from person to person.

I personally don't account for protein, but perhaps this appears in my
"correction bolus" before my next meal.

mailto:email @ redacted