Re: [IPk] RE: How do you manage to see?

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, you wrote:
>Dear Di I have been given a 507c pump to familiarise myself with orior to
>starting to use the pump with insulin on nov 21st.I found it very difficult
>to see the figures on the pump in artificial light My old pump was white on
>black and had an audible delivery sound I never had that problem. How do you

Hi Carmel
Well, this is exactly the reason I have requested funding for a 508! I find
it difficult to see the figures, so currently I have to make sure I'm in
good light, and I have to take off the case and twist it until it catches
the light. Even then, sometimes I have to either use a magnifier or ask
someone to read it for me. I would actually find white on black harder to
read, but that's just the way my sight works. Bottom line is, it's not
easy! My 506 doesn't have a back light either. The 507c has audible
bolusing though (you can switch it on and off I think), but I presume you
knew that.....