Re: [IPk] doctors

PAT I wasn't even suggesting that a doctor could be empathetic.That is a
luxury I would never expect to meet. To be honest although doctors may agree
with and sanction the pump, the rest is up to the recipient and Diabetes
educators be it DSNs dieticians GPs or any one else involved. I have
experienced both sides of the coin and I sometimes feel that the people
working most closely with the patient are sometimes judgemental and don't
realise how hard it is to achieve good control.\unfortunately sometimes we
are all stigmatised. Things really have changed in diabetes care and some of
us who were diagnosed in the 50s and 60s were treated in a very different
way , yes it may be up to the patient to find out  but some aren;t always
aware that they should have to they are intelligent people but have been
through a different era I know many like that, not just through my work but
through friends and family it is frightening sorry I;ve gone off the point
but it is a touchy subject for me Carmel.