[IPk] rationing strips

Why do they bother to prescribe insulin ? whats the point in doing a job if
you can't be bothered to do it properly. Even if I was on twice daily
mixtard there'd be lots of occasions where I'd want to do more than 2 tests
eg sport, driving and to see whether I needed to eat a bit more/ less or
wait more or less between an injection and eating. What's the point in
taking insulin just to prevent rapid death fromDKA if you can't get some
degree of control?
What do people do if the GP is denying them adequqte strips and it takes a
while to register with another practise. Does that mean they have to deny
themselves necessary tests or do they register with someone as aTR
 temporary resident) or purchase them themselves?