[IPk] Funding

I know that the following Health Authorities have provided funding for
insulin pumps but
only on the basis of set criteria, they do not fund pumps as a matter of
course. Each individual case is considered according to need and in some
cases the funding is provided by Primary Care Groups within the Authority.

Wiltshire Health Authority (at least 5)
Dorset Health Authority
Manchester Health Authority
Sefton Health Authority
Calderdale & Kirklees Health Authority
Sheffield Health Authority
West Sussex Health Authority (at least 3)
Croydon Health Authority
Bedford Health Authority
Berkshire Health Authority
Kingston Health Authority
West Kent Health Authority (at least 5)

There are others but I cannot provide proof at this stage.

Following INPUT's campaign to have pumps funded by LHA's, I have received
many positive replies to the effect that they are looking into the matter of

I have again written to Mr M Taylor, the Chief Executive of Oxfordshire
Health Authority, enclosing yet  more evidence that pump therapy not only
works, but is cost effective.

If you you would like copies of these, let me know.

John Davis