Re: [IPk] RE: Funding

On Tue, 07 Nov 2000, you wrote
>I am a 508 user based in N. Ireland and am trying to establish who in the UK
>has managed to obtain funding for their pumps and consumables and from
>where. There are only a few of us here in N. Ireland and in order to assist
>us in our case, I am trying to establish what avenues have been successful
>in the rest of the UK. (Most of us here I believe are funding our pumps

Hi John
I received funding for the consumables (but not the pump) from Manchester
Diabetes Centre  (part of Manchester Royal Infirmary) - that was from a "pot
of money" rather than direct from the local Health Authority, though of
course, it all comes from the same place originally.
They wouldn't fund the pump itself though.

I am now receiving funding for the consumables from Sheffield Health
Authority  (via the Sheffield Royal Hallamshire Hospital), and am awaiting
the verdict on them funding a new pump for me.

Both of these were arranged via my diabetes consultant.

hope that helps
Good luck