Re: [IPk] looking for your input

>Thanks Di.  I'm printing that off for my doctor, as it's a very good
>summary of what I think.  No harm in having supporting documentation!

elizabeth -

Good luck :-) The DKA risk is only a theoretical one. In practice there is
no evidence that properly trained pumpers get DKA any more than
non-pumpers. Can anyone suggest some published medical papers to support

In the early days (early 1980's) there was a lot of trouble, but only
because the rigorous testing strategies were not yet ingrained in the pump
mentality. Now everyone is trained to live by their last bg test, and these
accidents happen very rarely.

mailto:email @ redacted