[IPk] looking for your input

I'm looking for two bits of information.

Firstly, I would like to hear your best (or worst) horror stories about
Minimed and Disetronic.  Please do mail me privately if you feel these
tales would upset the list!

Secondly, I would like to hear from people who have gone into DKA while
using a pump.  I would like to know how often it's happened to you, if you
can say why it happened, and if there was something you could have done to
prevent it.  I'm mostly interested in this issue because my present
consultant thinks the risks of DKA with pumps is too high, and my present
GP thinks the consultant is excellent.  I am having a pump meeting with my
GP this Thursday, and I would like to be able to talks about the real
experiences of pump users, instead of the clinical trials the consultant
participated in in the early 80s in the US.  I think that higher risks of
DKA are offset by the benefits of a pump, just as the higher risk of
hypoglycemia on MDI is offset by the benefits.

thanks everyone.