Re: [IPk] Hello

In message <email @ redacted>,
Julette Kentish <email @ redacted> writes
>we've been calling it carb counting down here mainly because we are
>still counting and having freedom to eat whatever, as long as you give
>the right dose of insulin according to your sensitivity etc.. Carb
>assessment is a nice term thou!
>I am hoping to write an article soon for a med journal here on this to
>get other health profs in the back up to date with what works for people
>on MDI and pumps...
>The basic research here using GI  and the lispro insulin is showing it
>is quantity of CHO more than GI. That's why we don't use it much....

It seems that if we think our NHS is bad, we shouldn't contemplate
emigrating!  If you need juicy quotes from real people, I'm sure we
could provide you with lots of anecdotal stuff.  It continues to amaze
me that for a profession which claims to be scientific, medicine is
quite happy to ignore evidence where it doesn't fit theories!  I am
beginning to think that astrology may be more scientific in approach
than medicine.  History certainly is.

Best wishes,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)