Re: [IPk] Blood in cannula

Hi Christine
Ah! Now I know your name!
Everything seemed fine yesterday until 6.03pm when I checked my bG and
was shocked to see it at 21 mmol/l! I reconnected the tubing to the
old site which was still in place, bolused a whole load of
insulin....an hour later, BG still 19. Bolused a whole lot more and
went to my dance class (without lowering my basal rate), 3 hours later
it was back down to a nice 5 mmol/l. When i took out the old set, the
cannula was rather bent. I don't know if this was the problem, or if
it was the blood. Or both. But Elizabeth tells me that according to
the pumping book, it is recommended you change the site immediately if
you get blood coming back up. I think I will do that next time.

So, I will have to try again with the arm another time. Idid try once
with a Sofset and it was OK though it hurt a bit.
It's very hard inserting a SIlhouette with one hand, but it's awful
having a Sofset actually in your arm, where it catches on things (and
it goes too deep there). It might be easier on my left arm, but that's
not such a good place to have a set when you're dancing (as a woman)!
Then again, half the time I dance as man anyway, so it would be OK
then.

has anyone else successfully used their arms?
legs don't seem to absorb well for me. Nor does the backside.
Di