[IPk] blood in the cannula

I'm sure this question has been answered a zillion times before, but
since I've never realyl paid attention (and since Elizabeth has my
book) - does it matter if blood comes up on insertion of a new

I thought I'd have another go at putting a Silhouette set in my upper arm. (not
easy to do lefthanded (since I never do left handed insertions) and
even worse trying to pull the needle out with only one hand!)
As I stuck the tape down I noticed some blood through the window. I
assume that as I bolus, it will just push the blood back down the
tube, but is it likely I'll have absorption issues (with the insulin I
mean, not the blood)?

It will be interesting to see how I cope with my dance class with a
set in my arm!