RE: [IPk] Hello

Yes, I will keep plugging at them.  One real positive is that I'm hopeful
that we will have a change of government soon as there is a general election
weekend after next and there is a better awareness of health concerns with
the (hopefully) new Labour government vs the incumbent National government
(very free-market driven, deregulate and sell off everything!!!).  I have a
good rapore with my local (Labour) MP and intend to keep plugging away at
him as he has been helpful.

I have recently finished a pump trial which was with a Disetronic pump.  I
realy liked what I experienced and would love to pump full time (and
communicated this to my health provider).  BUT, it all comes down to cost
and that was what eventually made my decision (if I was severely out of
control and/or had complications then I may have purchased, but I'm
basically doing ok).  If we want to pump then we wear all of the cost
ourselves, initial purchase and ongoing disposables.  I found it to be too
much.  I am adament that pump therapy should be more readily available here
and this includes some form of financial help and have also made this known.
So for now it's a stalemate.  There's more to it than what I have written
here of course.  I'm working away at effecting change over here.  It's very
hard when the entire health system is geared towards conventinal therapy and
the blinkers have been set accordingly.  Unfortunatley it's so cost-driven,
with the government and health providers wanting to do (spend!!!) as little
as possible in the short term.  The seems to be little thinking that
suggests it's better to avoid complications by spending thousands rather
than treating them costing millions.  Budget constraints, chief executives
coming and going, short term thinking, reactivity, that's what it's about
here.

Yours in negativity, Mike :)