RE: [IPk] Hello

I live in New Zealand.  I see considerable resistance by health providers to
supporting and funding pump therapy.  My provider says I have excellent
control and that a pump is not warranted, but like you I have a strong dawn
phenomenon and I have other issues (such as lifestyle) which make pump
therapy a very obvious choice for me.  Oh sure, I can buy a pump myself and
fund the ongoing costs, my provider is fine with that but their attitude
towards overall patient care including prevention of complications just
isn't good enough (as John Neale has commented as long as you don't turn up
in emergency they are pretty happy!); it's a big turn off when considering
going pumping independently and knowing you may not be well supported.

Sorry for the synical tone of this email.  I just get fed up with dealing
with a health system that doesn't want to know.  I am trying my hardest to
work with the health provider but it's tough work (the bottom line for them
is that they say pump therapy is too much trouble for them to support and
that they can't fund any part of it anyway).

The main problem with my dicsussion above is it generalises too much.  There
are in fact a (very) few medical professionals who support pump therapy and
who are a pleasure to deal with.  Let's hope we can keep making progress
towards a supportive and informed medical system.

But surely 5+ plus injections per day is a viable therapy isn't it :)  My
HbA1c is 6% so why I am whining :)  Trust our health professionals, they
know what they are doing :)