[IPk] Intensive therapy

Elizabeth ,
The figures for intensive therapy are frighteningly low .

Even in Germany where they have more then 20,000 pts on pumps only about 30% of Type 1s are treated intensively .[ approx. 7% by pumps ]

In the US the no. is approx. 27% and France it is approx. 25%

For the UK I don't really know because docs don't admit to this type of question but given the surprisingly low percentage for Germany and the fact that they have an excellent health care system in place without funding issues for diabetes I can only imagine that the UK no. treated intensively must be approx. 20% . And this is after clear findings from the DCCT study that conventional therapy doesn't work .

Anyone got any data on the percentage of Type 1s treated intensively in the UK and Ireland  ?