Re: [IPk] Disetronic vs. Minimed

> Well, as far as I can see from their booklets, the only thing you got wrong
> is that Disetronic says the pumps will last for approximately 4 years.

Oh sorry, I think I said 3 years instead of 4. What i meant by "stop
working" is that they literally stop working (as far as I am
aware). They are programmed to only work for 4 years, and after that
time they literally stop. I didn't mean to infer that they break down
as such after that time.
> BTW, how long has your second hand pump been in operation?  Has it
> outlasted manufacturer specs yet?

Well, it was a few years old when I got it, but it had only been used
for a couple of months. And I've had it for nearly 8 months. So I
would expect it to be fine for the next few years (at least till I'm
earning ****loads of money and can afford a new one <g>).