Re: [IPk] Disetronic vs. Minimed

Di said:
Oh, my apologies. I was speaking off the top of my head (fatal mistake).
Can you tell me what I got wrong so I'll know for another time?

Well, as far as I can see from their booklets, the only thing you got wrong
is that Disetronic says the pumps will last for approximately 4 years.  And
if someone's being persnickity about defending their product, they may take
issue with the phrase 'stop working'.  I'm sure they don't stop working -
I'm sure they 'need' to be replaced after four years because of wear and
tear and because the company will want to sell you their latest model.

BTW, how long has your second hand pump been in operation?  Has it
outlasted manufacturer specs yet?