Re: [IPk] Exercise!

It's a nightmare trying to figure it out, isn't it? It tooks me weeks
to figure out how to deal with dancing. And that's still hit and miss
because each class varies considerably, so even though I adjust as I
go along, it doesn't always work. But I never go high or low

You say you go quite low during or after most exercise. have you tried
eating or drinking some *fast* carbs 5 mins. before starting? That
seems to work for me, in conjunction with switchign off (or turnign
down) my pump half an hour before. It also sounds as if you might need
ot turn down your pump a bit more before and during your
exercise. Or have you tried that already? I know I get a bit
furstrated when people suggest things like that to me, because I've
tried just about every combination of alternatives already! But I have
to say it's a lot better than trying to do it on MDI! The other
problem is of course that if you're trying to lose weight, you don't
want to be taking in extra carbs, even if it's only glucose tabs (yum
- NOT).

Swimming tends to drop my Bg hugely, even though I only swim for 30
mins. Yesterday, in spite of switching off the pump half an hour
before, I dropped from 10 to 3 in 20 mins.

Oh, the other obvious thing is to be aware of whether you've take a
bolus recently. If I exercise while a bolus is still active, even
quite minor exercise,  it always
makes me crash right down. Again, you've probably thought of this too.

Glad you're finding the Sils better. It took me a while to get the hang
of inserting them so they didn't bend, but now I have almost no
trouble with them as long as I stick to the stomach and hip area
(though I am tempted to have another go at the arm!).