From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted> on behalf of Ruth
Gibbins <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:30:41 PM
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPk] How vulnerable are we?

Hi Gema,
 Ibve been asking the same question! Ibve got Type 1, yes but nothing else.
My
husband and I both self isolated early March before the lockdown. I was
unsure
whether I should or not, but my hubby bless him is terrified that I will get
it
and die, and if he went out to the shops he would bring the virus home, so for
while we lived on what we had.

 Webve now got a local veg shop from 7 miles away delivering veg locally once
week. (we live in the Herefordshire countryside with only one local post
office
and general store 3 miles away.) Everything is washed on arrival in the porch
and post is put into quarantine for 24hrs.

 Our neighbour is over 80 and also self isolating. Webve been able to get
just
the 2 Tesco deliveries for us and her, after I stayed up until midnight three
days a week with no result, then logging in every couple of hours for the
rest
of the week. I eventually found a slot at 6am. Fortunately we heard that a
local
garden centre had started doing a shop and collect service, so we pay online
and
they give us a time to arrive - itbs a bit hit and miss as to whether
theybve
got what we asked for, and itbs expensive but itbs better than nothing. My
husband wonbt go to the local shop- itbs tiny and they donbt limit
customers.

 Ibve seen some type 1bs posting online that they are still going to work
etc,
but I feel webve been a bit left out in the cold - should I have locked
myself
away for 2 1/2 months? Ibve been busy - very busy, making scrubs for health
workers which has kept me occupied but that seems to be winding down a bit
now.
Ibve been out on my bike round the country lanes and out for walks but Ibve
no
idea what itbs like in the outside world, in fact I wonder how Ibll cope
going
back out again- Ibve no idea if we should wear masks or not, or how I should
behave around others. I havenbt much confidence in what the government are
telling us, or if indeed we are at higher risk.
Ruth
Sent from my iPad
Donate with every purchase
https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmile.amazon
.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C2a8d2f06c9b94755907408d7f29ba99b%7C84df9e7fe9f6
40afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637244622700732651&amp;sdata=%2FCdWVJhKAeZ%2BC
2B3mxfrRLIfULsdhm4oh%2FhYU7MN554%3D&amp;reserved=0
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)