Re: [IPk] How vulnerable are we?

Hi Barbara
In a way the diagnosis was a relief as well as a surprise. Ibd suffered
with digestive problems for years and was diagnosed as having diabetic
diarrhoea for many years. It was troubling me so much in the last year that
my Gp sent me to see a gastroenterologist
Ibm awaiting another biopsy but the one I had in 2013 was negative however
she said that on the blood tests alone including a genetic test the results
were conclusive as coeliac.
Ibd noticed for a while that I couldnbt eat bread or cereals because they
made my BGs really high , no matter how I counted the carbs. Also I was
experiencing bloating and a lot of nausea. Also feeling lethargic all the
time with no energy at all
The reason Ibm not convinced is that Ibm obese whereas amongst the
symptoms
are weight loss which I donbt have !
Since starting the gf diet ( about 2 weeks now ) my blood sugars are a lot
more stable . Ibve had a few more hypos too.
I donbt feel any different yet but Ibm really hoping for amazing changes
very soon !
It is worth pursuing and asking for a referral for your peace of mind
Barbara. Good luck Carmel