Re: [IPk] Israel trip

I haven't been to Israel but I've travelled all over the world (to much
more remote destinations) and I wouldn't want to do a trip like that
*without* a pump. Well I have done trips like that before I had a pump,
and I've done trips like that with a pump, and I know which I'd choose!
I can't even think why you'd be worried about the pump.

Hiking, hostelling, heat, dust, caves. None of these are going to cause
a problem for the pump. People who live in hot dusty countries wear
pumps. No reason why hiking, hostelling and caves would be problematic.
So I guess the question is: what *exactly* are you worried about with
the pump? Israel has pumps (ask Nanette) and is pretty geared up in this
respect. Same precautions apply as anywhere else, make sure you have
plenty of spare supplies. if you're worried about the pump breaking and
being too remotely located to get a new one to you in this event, take a
spare loaner from the pump company (personally I wouldn't bother, but
some people worry about this kind of thing).

My advice would be just go for it and have a great time!
Di