Re: [IPk] loan pump insurance - for lost or stolen pumps

> I don't think the insurance requirement is anything to do with breaking the
> pump or it malfunctioning. Animas I think are more concerned not with the
> pump being accidently broken, but with the great risk of it being lost or
> stolen. It is hardly unimaginable to lose a bag whilst travelling or have
> items go missing from a hotel room, tent, caravan, or get stolen generally
> and accidents do happen. The issue I believe, is that unlike your main pump,
> which is being worn, the loan one is being left unattended. Where possible I
> always store a loan pump in a hotel safe along with my passport etc, but of
> course not everyone travelling will always have access to a safe and I do
> always carry it as hand luggage.

Ah, that's a good point. Normally a pump is very unlikely to be stolen
since it's attached to you, but a spare pump is more likely I suppose.

I don't understand why you can't the loan pump covered on your travel
insurance, if your home insurance won't cover it? I've never bothered to
insure any pump, but my travel insurance will cover named specified
items like that.
Di