Re: [IPk] In reply to exam stress management and other issues

Rebecca - did you intend to say something here?

On the subject of the DDA, Christine, I'm interested to know what you
think your employer could have done to prevent you from having hypos in
front of classes? And what does reading large volumes of material at
night have to do with it? Or are you saying that you struggled at night
because your blood sugars were typically low or high at this time of
day? As an academic myself, I find it hard to understand what needs you
might have that a university could justifiably grant you in this
respect, since academics typically have a very free lifestyle compared
to most jobs (flexible timetables and schedules, very little micro
management, the ability to work from home, do flexi- and part-time and
so on). But maybe you were more restricted in your work. Did you pursue
any issues with the university as a result of them not applying the DDA
in your case? Maybe I'm lucky but of all the universities I've been at
(3 as a student and all 4 as an employee) I've never had such issues.
I've had problems with blood sugar control, for sure, but never as a
result of any university policies or their treatment of me.
Di