Re: [IPk] Ketones/ bleeding

Marc,
Here is a bit of very simple advice whenever you get high bgs. Give  yourself
an injection rather than struggle with a possible dodgy set. The set  can be
sorted out later. If your bg is rising it is important to give yourself  some
insulin, and you can be reasonably sure of getting it with an injection.  This
should be a safe guard to prevent you from going ketotic. Get the insulin  in
first and then you can change your set afterwards if need be. If my  bg is
heading towards 15 when I know it shouldn't be, I will grab the  syringe and
then sort out the set.
Cheers,
Ken

In a message dated 26/05/2008 20:10:12 E. Africa Standard Time,