[IPk] Cortisone injections

Hi Audrey,

I am sure that someone on the list will pick up your plea for help after the
weekend. Are you sure that you are taking the right correction bolus? The
size of the correction bolus depends upon:

1. Your individual insulin sensitivity and/or daily insulin requirement.
2. The planned BG reduction, (difference between the current value and the
target BG)

Use the 1800 rule to get your individual sensitivity and right correction
bolus.

Apart from that, you seem to be doing all the right things, continue to
check BG every two hours until the BG stabilises. I would also recommend you
talking to your diabetes team for advice.

In the meantime, could I ask you please do not type messages to the list in
upper case only. This is deemed to be "shouting" and is a breach of list
etiquette.

I thank you for your cooperation and hope you feel better soon.

Regards

John Davis
Duty UK Admin

HI EVERYONE ,
B CAN ANYONE HELP ME I HAVE JUST HAD TWO CORTISONE INJECTIONS IN MY HIPS
AND MY BLOOD SUGARS HAVE GONE WILD .I AM ON ACCU CHECK SPIRIT PUMP AND I
HAVE
LITERALLY HAVE HAD TO DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF INSULIN FOR EACH MEAL AND I STILL
CAN NOT GET GOOD BLOOD RESULTS , I HAD INJECTIONS ON FRIDAY OF LAST WEEK AND
HAVE NOT FELT THE SAME SINCE , I AM DOING BLOOD SUGARS EVERY TWO HOURS TO
TRY
TO GET CONTROL BUT AM STILL STRUGGLING.HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THE CORTISONE
IS
GOING TO LAST WITH THESE DRASTIC BLOOD SUGAR RESULTS AND AM FEELING AS I AM
LOOSING CONTROL ,HAS ANYONE HAD THIS EXPERIENCE ???? PLEASE HELPB B B