[IPk] To Julia

Hi Julia,

Thank you for telling me about your children and how they came to have  their
pancreas removed.

I had gall stones which caused acute pancreatitis, so i had my gall bladder
removed. I was well for about 12 months and then started having pancreatitis
again, which eventually became chronic. I had a distal pancreatectony first
(tail of the pancreas removed), but that didn't help, so i had the rest of my
pancreas removed. There was a rim of pancreas left to preserve the blood
 supply to the duodenum, which also became inflammed - this caused a lot of
pain,
and my  liver function blood tests were all deranged, so i had to go through
 all the surgery again, to remove as much as possible of the pancreas - so now i
have 99%  of my pancreas removed. My surgeon said, to all intents and
purposes, i have no  pancreas.

Yes, i also take Creon with all my meals. I have trouble eating due to all
the adhesions in my abdomen, so i also have a jejunostomy feeding tube which
 goes from the surface of my tum, into my jejunum, just below my stomach, and i
have overnight feeds.

Lovely to 'meet' you. I only know of one other person who has had a total
pancreatectomy. There is also the singer, Chris Rea, who had his pancreas
removed.

Good luck with getting a pump for your daughter.

Sue