Re: [IPk] Consultant appointment

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies and to Melisa for a comprehensive list of things
to take, be prepared for.

I have seen the consultant today and he has agreed that I can go on the pump
and he will put me forward for funding from the LHB.

I was a bit concerned that because I'm not under the Cheshire Western PCT
who according to him, take 15 new pumpers a year but come under Flintshire
Local Health Board who will only take 2 new ones for the year! I'm sure this
is wrong after contacting John Davis a while back when I first started
enquiring about a pump and the funding confusion but it is still being said
like that. He also said that because the NICE aren't written in law then I
may have to wait until next year!

I can only assume the 'fight' starts from here!

Cheers

Phil Colclough