[IPk] Re : hello/blisters

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for your offer of tegaderm.  We actually already have some
tegaderm dressings, as my son used to wear an insuflon cannula to have
his injections into, and we used to apply anaesthetic cream beforehand
under a tegaderm dressing.  I think what we're going to do is firstly
change his set more frequently (every 2 days) and see if that solves the
problem.  If not we will experiment with other infusion sets (we might do
that anyway), and if that doesn't work out we will try a patch of
tegaderm.  The only worry I have about that is could the needle going
through the tegaderm drive micoscopic particles of plastic through his
skin into places where they've no business being?!!

Thanks again,

Jackie (Mum to Owain, 7, type 1 3yrs, pumping 5 weeks)