[IPk] Re hello/blisters

Hello Di,

Thanks for your message.  I  was going back through the archives and
quite a few people have had blistering (for some it seems to be an
allergy, but as you say it looks more like pressure and friction to me).
The trouble is that he has a very small bottom with not much fat even
there (if it was me there would be no problems of that kind!), so there
are not many different sites to pick.  When he is in bed he sleeps in all
directions - on his back, side, front, upside down sometimes!   I did
look at the silhouette, but was put off by the diameter of the cannula -
Owain used to wear an insuflon cannula (that he had his injections into)
which was about that size (and 45 degree angle), and it left quite a
large hole.  The difference was that he only had to change it every 5
days, so there was time for the old ones to heal before going back to
that site.  But, as you say, it does have a flatter profile and feels a
bit less rigid, so I might ask for a few to experiment with.

Thanks again,

Jackie.