RE: [IPk] Consultant appointment

Hi Julia

If you get any problems get on to John Davis or Lesley Jordan.  The fact that
both Ellie and Tate have had partial pancreatectomies should mean that they
should both be considered for pumps  (to my mind)   as frequently blood glucose
 levels are often very difficult to control in these circumstances. The pancreas
(as of course you already  know) produces other hormones (as well as digestive
enzymes)  the lack of these other hormones also has an effect on the blood
glucose control.

Its your consultant's and your decision and not the PCTs.  If the consultant
says that Ellie has a clinical need for a pump, then PCT have to supply it.

Jackie

> Hi Melissa
>
> I know your email was directed at Phil, but my daughter would like a pump
> and we have an appointment to have CGMS fitted on the 9th June.  So your
> email will also help me put together a strong case for a pump.  We have been
> told by the our DSN, we need to prove injections are not working to get
> funding from our PCT.
>
> Many thanks
> Julia Killengray
> Ellie Age 11 -  99% pancreatectomy
> Tate Age 8 - 95% pancreatectomy
> Both on insulin and digestive enzymes
> Hospital: St John's, Chelmsford UK
>
> -

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080521-0, 21/05/2008
Tested on: 21/05/2008 17:14:44