Re: [IPk] Talk to parents about pumping

Hi Angie,

I would also include some things about the practicalities of where to put
the pump while sleeping or doing sport, taking it off for baths and
swimming, different ways of wearing it for small children, using the block
so that they can't accidentally give themselves insulin. Perhaps also
something about the flexibility that temporary basals can give you to
anticipate the effects of exercise or long car journeys and that sort of
thing, or different basal patterns for home and school days. I can honestly
say that even after just a few weeks on the pump my 4 year old was eating
better, sleeping better, had more energy and less aches and pains and as
time goes on she just seems a different girl than she was 6 months ago.

Good luck!
Marisa