Re: [IPk] customer service at medtronic moan!

 if robs the same guy i've got the last 5 times i've rung (in 4 weeks) then he's
useless lol, very kind and tries to be helpful but useless(either that or e
systems useless). I rang and they couldnt find my details so they rang my
diabetes nurse who gave them the details i'd tried to give but they'd refused
and so they decided it was soirted and rang me to say so leaving a message with
my mum to reorder, which i did then hey presto, 20 minutes later the phone rings
and they can't deliver them because they havent got the invoice details so he
rings diabetes centre who give him details but guess what, still cant get it
sorted even though it was meant to be sorted from day 1 so i was promised to
have them by the weekend and have a guess, yp, nothing at the weekend, so
guaranteed them by wednesday and still no delivery, kept ringing but decided
tuesday last week to go get somefrom diabetes centre and about 3 hours later the
van arrives containing the stuff i'd tried to order 3
 weeks before hand lol.
  I'd been thinking accuchek were getting bad having got a bout 3 orders wrong
in 4 years but if there was an award for incompetance i would most certainly
award it to medtronic!
  So to sum up how medtronic customer service is i would say disgustingly
atrocious (although the phone people seem nice and understanding)
  Sammy

Florence Normand <email @ redacted> wrote:
  Please support Insulin Pumpers by making a donation to the
Please visit:

Hi Loretta,

I do not post very often (if at all) to the list, but i thought I would answer
your Email as I really think that customer service is absolutely apoling! ....
SBe warned, this is a big moan :-)!

I had my pump since August, and made 3 orders with Medtronic. I had problems
 with 2 of them. The first order was fine. When I placed my second order,
somehow
they lost the PCT confirmation about the fundings, so I got the supplies 1
 months after I first ordered them .... and after several phone call as they
tend
to forget you very quickly.

My last experience, last week, was also a bit of a disaster, and I am still
very wounded up about it.
I placed the order. A few hours later, they left a message saying that I needed
 to call them back. I called them, and ..... they could not tell me what I
needed
 to phone them. I received the order as planned, however I realised they took
the
order wrong and ended up with 7 boxes of the wrong stuff. I phoned them telling
them that they needed to send me the correct items. they said they will come
 back to me in 20 min ... 48 hours after, no answer. So I phoned back .... and
it
 was just like I have not phoned before. This time, I got a new guy, Rob, who
was
very nice and friendly. As he had to check about procedures, he said he had to
 ask someone else to phone me back. This "someone else" said that the driver
will
phone me to arrange a day and date for the delivery of the new items and the
 collection of the unwanted items. Nothing happened. i got the correct order,
but
I still have the wrong items as no one phoned me!
I think I will have to send the items back myself, it will be much easier. My
worry is, will the PCT authorise my next order ?

I have been with them for less than a year, and as soon as I can change my
pump, I will go to another supplier.

hope this helps,

Does anyone know if it is possible to complain to the PCT about these kind of
problems. I htink this is absolutely apoling.

Thanks,

Flo