 From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
Clare Price
Sent: 19 May 2008 12:03
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] Advice for forgotten bolus please

Hi all,

I knew I would do it sooner or later, I forgot to give my bolus at
breakfast this morning!   I had my breakfast as normal (pre breakfast
BG of 5.1), but just simply forgot to give my bolus insulin for it.
So by 11am this morning my BG was 13.6!!

Wasn't sure what to do here, but tried to phone my DSN, but she was
out.  Anyway, I have given myself a normal bolus amount on the
assumption that my BG was normal (rather than at 13.6).  The
complications being that the food was taken at 8am, and the bolus now
given at 11am will be hanging around way longer than if I had taken
it at 8am, so didn't want the pump to think I was having breakfast at
11am and adding a correction bolus also to the calculation.

As the day progresses I may be able to make an assumption on whether
I have acted correctly, but I just wondered if there was a procedure
to follow if this happens again, or is it just a case of the usual
diabetic way of things in making an educated (?!!) guess at times.

On a positive note however, isn't lovely that the pump can tell me
straight away that I didn't bolus for breakfast, whereas on the old
system of injections - "well, I can't remember, did I, or did I not
have the injection?" (that scenario always left me in doubt).  Thank
you pump for taking that worry away at least.

Clare
(Type 1 for 38 years, pumping 8 months, Paradigm 522)

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended for the addressee only.

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please
notify the originator immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

All communication sent to or from Midlothian Council may be subject
to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.